Explore the high-level protective benefits of this technology application.
The footwear is highly breathable, meaning perspiration can escape even faster from the inside.
Durably waterproof, even when walking through water and hazardous liquids, and offers enduring weather protection.
Resistant against penetration of commonly occurring chemicals in accordance with EN ISO 13994/ASTM F 903, method C1 for AFFF fire-fighting foam (3%), sulphuric acid H2SO4 (37%), diesel and caustic soda NaOH (30%).
GORE-TEX footwear is engineered to be long-lasting, even in harsh environments.
Heat, sand and dust are among the many challenges soldiers must confront on missions in the desert. Given the heat, heavily perspiring feet are also a major challenge, as are undesirable liquids on the ground outside the footwear, such as sewage or commonly occuring chemicals*. If soliders' feet get wet, either from external liquids or from perspiration, they are susceptible to bacteria, bruising, blisters and injuries, particularly if desert sand and dust also get into their footwear.
To undertake their missions efficiently, and concentrate on their tasks in spite of these challenges, soldiers need outstanding footwear. Desert GORE-TEX Footwear was designed specifically for defense personnel working in hot environments and under major physical strain. The footwear protects from sand and dust while sweat in form of vapour can escape, creating a comfortable microclimate for the feet. Additionally, they prevent water, sewage and other undesirable liquids from penetrating.
The footwear is constructed in such a way to avoid unnecessary foam layers or other air gaps that can hinder heat conduction. Thanks to this non-insulated construction, they are the ideal solution for defense personnel who need outstanding climate comfort and heat loss, in order to stay focused on the mission at hand.
Designed especially for defence personnel in warm to cool temperatures and on long, strenuous missions.
EN ISO 20345/347: Not one drop of water is allowed to penetrate the boot - up to 60 times more waterproof than required by the standard.
ISO 11092: Ret values are all under 10[m2 Pa/W] - highly and extremely breathable according to the Hohenstein comfort rating system.
GORE-TEX Extended Comfort Patrol Footwear
GORE-TEX Extended Comfort Patrol Footwear gives soldiers on patrol in hot, dry as well as hot, humid conditions protection against heat, dust, sand as well as standing water and liquids. GORE-TEX Extended Comfort Patrol Footwear is at the top of the heat loss scale in its class. Thanks to the unlined boot construction, these lightweight boots are extremely breathable and durably waterproof.
- Additional Benefits: Different to conventional membrane-based boots, their single layer upper construction have low water pickup, are quick to re-dry and are light weight. Additionally they offer highest sand and dust protection, as well as featuring limited use of foam which ensures minimal heat build-up. For soldiers on patrol, this footwear can make all the difference.
- Ideal for: Low to medium combat threat in urban environment, short missions with light pack weight and when exceptional heat loss properties are required.
GORE-TEX Extended Comfort High Liability Footwear
Created specifically for embarking on multi-day missions over challenging terrain, carrying heavy loads, GORE-TEX Extended Comfort High Liability footwear helps soldiers to master the extreme. In these extreme conditions, foot stability, excellent foot climate, and good ankle support are a must. The footwear has been made to enhance stability and give plenty of support.
- Additional Benefits: The highly breathable GORE-TEX laminate is combined with a supportive leather/textile upper without insulation to reduce heat build-up.
- Ideal for: Intense combat use, long marches and multi-day missions on difficult terrain, with heavy pack weight in hot conditions.
GORE-TEX Extended Comfort Tactical Footwear
Light, extremely breathable, durably waterproof, flexible footwear: designed for assault, rescue or many other day-to-day defence activities that require personnel to be agile and fast. Soldiers can rely on GORE-TEX Extended Comfort Tactical Footwear for its tough, yet lightweight construction, which allows for a functional, athletic design. Made without insulation, the footwear allows for greater heat loss and extreme breathability.
- Additional Benefits: Will resist sewage and a number of commonly occurring chemicals as well as diesel.
- Ideal for: Soldiers on missions with lighter loads. These lightweight and flexible boots are good for running, intermittent heavy combat, search and rescue operations, special forces, house-to-house fighting and urban warfare.